Our Board of Directors
Alvaro M. Amaral
Chairman of the Board
Professional Internal Auditor and management accounting expert with PhD qualification and associated with DIT; has experience on National Strategi Plan of TL-2009, and procurement and bribery control in Public Sector Funding. He is member of audit committee of Board
Niporn has spent his career in the banking and microfinance sector, the latest as CFO in BOPA Pte Ltd, Singapore, and Head of Finance in LOLC Cambodia, a large deposit-taking microfinance institution in Cambodia.
He has a Master’s Degree in Financial Management and a bachelor’s degree in Banking—a member of CPA Australia. He participated in several trainings at the Boulder Institute of Microfinance for risk and management concentration, Corporate Governance (CG) in the banking sector.
In BOPA, Niporn is focusing on areas of financial management, risk and internal controls, and financial due diligence.
Niporn is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia and is active on the board audit and risk committees of BOPA Portfolio Companies.
Sara Lobo Brites
Independent Board Member
Mrs. Sara Lobo has great experience in the financial industry. Mrs. Sara had key roles in both the government of Timor-Leste and in the Central Bank of Timor-Leste (BCTL). In BCTL Mrs. Sara had the position as a Deputy Governor from 2012-2017, leading the Payment system for 5 years R-Timor, a Centralized payment system for Timor-Leste. In the Government, Mrs. Sara was the Vice-Minister of Finance of VIII Constitutional Government for 4 years from 2018 -2022 and from 2009 -2012 as the National Director of Treasury under the Ministry of Finance. Mrs. Sara has a Bachelor in Economic Environment from the National University of Timor-Leste. Lastly, Mrs. Sara is currently the newest member of the board in Kaebauk Investimentu No Finansas, SA, positioned as an independent board of directors.
Independent Board Member
Mr. Khan currently serves as the Group Financial Controller & Business Development for JYL International in Timor-Leste. Specifically, Mr. Khan works as a Support Director and GM Operations on business strategy development and implementation of initiatives. Mr. Khan has over a decade of experience in the banking sector, being the Head of Operations for ANZ in Fiji from 2012-2013, Chief Operating Officer, ANZ Timor-Leste from 2006- 2009 & Manager Direct Banking for ANZ, Papua New Guinea from 2009- 2011 etc. For that, Mr. Khan is an expert in Leading & Managing operations team on property, leadership of electronic and business and great experience in implementing and coordinating the Core Banking system, making him great fit to joining Kaebauk Board.
Mamadou Aliou Diallo
Diallo is a seasoned IT professional, and his experience includes
– Selection & Management of vendor of Core Banking Systems.
– Implementation of Core Banking Systems.
– Digital Financial Services (Mobile Money, Agent Banking, Internet Banking, Mobile Banking)
– Risk Management. He is Certified Expert in Risk Management from Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
– Database development. Diallo is a Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate in Microsoft SQL Server (MCSA).
– IT Networking: He is a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
– Mobile Application development: Android Studio
– Micro Finance Operations: Product development (Savings, Loans including SMEs, insurance, risk management).
– Accounting and Finance: Setting up and operating a Computerized Accounting System (MYOB). Diallo has cleared the level 1 of the CFA Program; he is pursuing the level 2 on his journey to get the CFA Designation.
– Data analysis: advanced Excel, R, SPSS, designing Mobile data collections.
Antonio Carlos Hanjan Soares
Mr. Tony Has Worked in Kaebauk Investimentu No Finansas, SA since October of 2019 as the Board Executive Assistant, has the additional role of Social Performance Champion and is the Company Secretary.
Mr. Tony Graduated in Griffith University, Located in Gold Coast Australia with a Bachelor of business in 2018 and have worked in UNDP and other NGO’s such as CARE before joining Kaebauk Investimentu No Finansas, SA.
He is a young-talented individual, eager to challenge himself and quick to assist others when he can.